Personal

My Theatre School Life

Tuesday, January 31, 2017Traveliztera

How many times have I mentioned in this blog that I am in love with the theatre life? Musical theatre in particular. Since I was a kid, I've been making my own musicals at home. I remember buying movie soundtracks like Lion King and Evita, and making a musical out of them at a very young age. That was when I was around 5-7 years old. I never thought of acting and singing as my talent as I thought it has always been writing. I thought of these musicals as my way of just enjoying my childhood.

Then a few years later, I realised that I loved expressing my singing through acting. When I sing, I like to act it out so much, so theatre it is!

Anyway, I did not become a theatre actress. I became a nurse. I love being a nurse, but I also want to have an outlet for my love of theatre even just as a hobby. I've always been told by other people that it would be difficult to juggle both, because both careers need a lot of time and dedication. There can only be one option. 

Honestly speaking, I forgot that musical theatre was really THAT SOMETHING that made me really happy and inspired. I thought it was just a part of me that's in the background, like I'm a fan of musicals, but just that. Then I noticed that my eyes would light up all the time when I see a musical. I get too focused, and I feel the music and the acting, and then I get goosebumps. My heart would beat really fast, and I sigh, and it just gives me that rush of happiness. Then I go home and start singing all the songs, and in my head, I pretend that I'm one of the characters.

I didn't give it time because I was focused on other things that I thought were more important. I brushed it off. Sure, I took voice lessons and made song covers and posted them online, but I felt that something was missing.

Then I guess, La La Land happened. I know, I know. I think the past few posts have always been about La La Land, but that film made an impact on me. 

And the fact that after the film, out of nowhere, I received an invite to do a Theatre Class that I did not ask for,  was something that I took as a sign. It was definitely the right time.

So last Tuesday, it was the Introductory Class of the theatre school. My friend, Cristina, accompanied me because she has been so supportive of my singing and acting. Everytime I make a cover, she's on top of telling me how proud she is. Thank you, Tin.

I'm the one in black haha! It was a fun exercise. Plays with your concentration and memory.

I met amazing people who had the same passion for theatre. You know the feeling when you're in a new environment on your first day of school? I did not feel like this was something foreign to me. I felt like I was home. I got to really act out without getting judged. I got to express myself. I never enjoyed that much before! 

So, Tin told me to push through with this, and I am now officially enroled. As I said, this is my hobby. I wanna be able to do this with my current work as a nurse. If theatre becomes a career in the future, then why not? For now, I just want to get out there and see how the theatre life is. I've been scared of trying it out and I don't know why I was so scared at the first place. Maybe it's because I was taking a step that was out of the usual expectation?

This was a big move that I took. I didn't actually plan on joining a theatre school because I planned to do more voice training, but it was all so quick, and next thing I knew, I was signing my enrolment sheet. Just like that. Out of the blue, the opportunity came, and I just took it. 

And to add up to my January blessings, I am so thankful to Mr. Ronald of SBS Australia who is guesting me on their show for an interview and some performances tomorrow. Thank you so much! I will let you guys know how that goes.

And thank you to La La Land Australia for including my "City of Stars" cover in your list of favourite covers. I appreciate it so much!

For now, I am so thankful with the turn of things. 2017 has just started, but all the things I hoped for back then have started to show up unexpectedly. Thank you.

You Might Also Like

0 Travelers with Comments. Click to comment!

Feel free to leave your thoughts!

Don't forget to click "SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL" below the comment box to get notified if you received any replies from other commenters.


Australian Women Bloggers Directory by Blog Chicks

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines

MAGPALISTA NA!