BEAUTY: General BEAUTY: Hair

Palty Bubble Hair Lemon Tea Hair Dye Review

Tuesday, April 22, 2014Traveliztera



I've been dyeing my hair since 2011. I somehow enjoy the process of doing it and seeing the results of my hardwork (LOL.)... 

I know that when it comes to hair dyes, most girls would like to have an outcome that matches their expectation, but for me, the excitement is to see if the hair dye will give a good colour to my hair, regardless of what the box says. 

Yes, I look forward to how the dye will colour my hair--will it be good or bad? Yeahhhh... My hair always gets risked for hair colours ( I'm so sorry, hair!!!)

I do not bleach my hair before colouring it with dyes, because I don't want further damage. Thus, I already know that the outcome of the hair colouring process will not be the same as the one that is shown on the package.

Anyway, for this review, I will be reviewing Lemon Tea by Palty Hair Color. This is a product from Japan, that is so famous among Asian women, due to the fact that it works well on Asian hair. 





You know how some hair products promise to deliver brown colour, but basically blends in to the dark side because you got black hair? Yeah... 

Palty, on the other hand, was designed for Asian black hair. 

This Palty product is in foam form, and contains the following stuff:

(I didn't get to take photos of the stuff inside this box, so I'm gonna use the photos I took when I colored my hair with Palty's Marshmallow Ash. They have the same contents anyway...)


1) Base Water
2) Cream
3) Mixing Cup
4) Mixing Spoon
5) Gloves
6)Hair Solution
7) Instructions (including English)


STEPS:
1) Shake the base water up and down around 20 times, then pour this into the mixing cup. The package has a cutout at the back for the mixing cup to fit in.



2) Add the hair colour cream into the mix.



3) Use the tip of the spoon in making a tapping motion within the product. Do this around 5 times. 



4) Make a circular motion inwards around 20 to 40 times until the bubbles start to foam.  Once it reaches the line on the inside of the cup, it's ready. Do not stir some more because it decreases the foam.


5) Apply to hair and leave for about 20-30 minutes.

6) Rinse off and apply the hair solution that is included in the package.

RESULT:

Here are the before and after photos:


Sorry for the messy hair... Both photos were taken after washing and drying my hair.
FYI, my hair colour for my BEFORE photo was Palty's Marshmallow Ash.


I must say that it somehow reached the second shade, based on the packaging's shade guide at the back. I am happy with the results, and I enjoyed the mixing process. I am also happy that they now have an English translation for their instructions. Back then, they didn't have that, and I had to rely on internet translations.

My hair did not feel dry after colouring. The hair solution that came with it was good, but was not enough for my hair.

The disadvantage of this product though is that it didn't last long. After a few months, my hair turned brassy orange. But it was good while it lasted. The only thing I noticed was that the cream counterpart of this foam dye was more vibrant. However, for this shade, I'm totally fine with this.

PROS:
  • Easy to mix.
  • Easy to apply and great coverage.
  • Doesn't have a strong and harsh smell.
  • The hair solution left my hair soft.
  • Reached the colour I somehow expected.
  • English instructions.
  • 1 package of the product was enough for my medium length and thick hair. 
CONS:
  • Doesn't last long.
  • Small amount of the hair solution.
  • Expensive (depends on which store, but price range is around $14-25).
  • Less vibrant than the cream dye.

Do you have any questions about this product? Let me know through the comments section below!

You Might Also Like

5 Travelers with Comments. Click to comment!

  1. Balako ko magpakulay ng buhok pero masyado mhal , alm mo b yung sa etude house ba yun na product na prang shinashampoo lng ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo ! Similar siya sa ganito, pero I haven't tried yet... :( Pero sa mga nabasa ko, medyo mahina raw yung pagcolor... ?

      Delete
    2. Yes memo mahina yung sa étude. Steph how do you color your hair with palty na pantay? I colored mine and parang sa taas lang May kulay lol and u r right. After sometime it gets brassy nga

      Delete
    3. Hi Marie! Nako... bara-bara ako magkulay hahaha! Yung kinukuha ko is laging foam para ma-spread sa buong hair hahaha! Kasi pag yung cream lang, medyo mahirap macover lahat ng hair...

      Delete
  2. I am scared to try Marshmallow Ash as I had a feeling that it would be too dark and not ashy ... Do you have a review? I would love to see the results on you!


    Wow that's awesome! I'll definitely join. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your thoughts!

Don't forget to click "SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL" below the comment box to get notified if you received any replies from other commenters.


Australian Women Bloggers Directory by Blog Chicks

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines

MAGPALISTA NA!